Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Highland Park Yard Sale June 5 2006 - a success!

Well, okay, it DID rain buckets (um, it IS Arts Festival time...). But there were people out all over the neighborhood at nine o'clock, and the sellers seeemd to be getting rid of stuff - which is the point, yes?

You need to buy the absolute necessities first.

This was my first actual yard sale purchase - for my five-year-old.

My friend G who had come from Regent Square to check out our goods debated the basketball hoop: At ten bucks, it was a steal, but the post was too heavy and she ultimately decided against it. I hope someone bought it and their kids are now enjoying games of H-O-R-S-E and half-court.

Random photos of participating streets:
I wonder if Paula managed to sell the canoe?

Thomas videos for a quarter? They're mine! Well, four of them. I left some for other kids. It only seemed fair.

I hope someone bought the claw foot tub. I have always wanted one but I swore to my husband that I wouldn't buy anything BIG.

A shot of Highland Ave.:

I don't have any official figures but it seemed like there were plenty of people walking our neighborhood, appreciating the lovely streets and useful stuff - and not-so-useful stuff : )

3 Comments:

Blogger Libby said...

Crap! That rattan loveseat is so cute! And it slipped through my fingers because Bruce and I spent the day planting annuals in our newly tiered front yard. That loveseat woulda looked fierce on my porch ;)

10:01 AM  
Blogger ParkGal said...

I happen to know the woman who had it for sale - want me to see if she still has it?

10:54 PM  
Blogger pghgurl said...

See, the blog is useful for more than our entertainment...

12:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home