Tuesday, June 06, 2006

I <3 Highland Park Too!

My husband and I have lived here four years, and we discovered the neighborhood totally on accident. We'd been renting an apartment from T.H. in Friendship (the guy who owns Kelly's Bar, right across from Red Room) and paying way too much. A friend suggested Aspinwall, and on the way there, we stopped at Tazza D'Oro for a coffee. I was sold. Not only did it remind me of The Corner Cafe in Richmond where I used to spend early mornings, 6am, helping to bake bagels and make lattes, but the art on the walls, the fact that she was bringing back memories of Tuscany and the pretty little village the place is named after, I was totally hooked.

I told the hubby, "We must live within walking distance of this place." And now we do :) And I love it. Amy makes the BEST damn scones on earth! Especially fresh from the oven. I know when I eat one of these early in the morning, nothing bad can happen that whole day.

I love walking the streets and the way the people tend their gardens, all the flowers, all the nooks and crannies that exist in this neighborhood. I love the way the light dances on the water in the reservoir in the afternoons, and the feeling of the breeze on your face. I love petting all the dogs I meet on my walks, I love the Farmer's Market, wherever it may end up ;), and I love swinging in the hammock on my front porch. Highland Park Rules!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home